Can’t Leave Home Without
you cannot enter the country without it!
- A copy of the personal identification page of your passport
it is legal to make copies. Store in a place separate from your passport. If your passport is lost or stolen the copy can help us work through the paperwork to obtain a new passport. Also, leave a second copy with your family.
- Spending Money
Ecuador uses the US dollar as their currency. Take cash that is in fairly good condition. It’s easier to bargain with smaller bills than hundreds. If you need more cash during the trip debit cards are easy to use. Credit cards only work in limited locations.
- Camera, Memory Cards, Battery Charger (if you use something beyond your smartphone)
- Backpack or Small Tote Bag
- Smart Phone and Charger (optional)
- Watch/Alarm clock (or use your phone)
- Flashlight (or use your phone)
- Extra Batteries for anything battery operated
- Refillable Water Bottle
some like camelbacks; some swear by Nalgene. Whatever you choose, DRINK WATER! Drink even more a week before you leave. Airplanes are dry and hydration is critical to staying healthy on a mission trip.