Can’t Leave Home Without
you cannot enter the country without it!
- 3 Copies of the personal identification page of your passport
it is legal to make copies. Store in a place separate from your passport. If your passport is lost or stolen the copy can help us work through the paperwork to obtain a new passport. Also, leave a second copy with your family.
- Spending Money
you can either take cash and exchange it or use your debit card to withdraw money after you arrive. If you carry US cash to exchange, take bills that are in good condition and no smaller than a $20. If you are planning to use your debit card, call the number on the back of your card(s) to inform them that you will be traveling.
- Camera, Memory Cards, Battery Charger (or extra batteries)
- Backpack or Small Tote Bag
- Smart Phone and Charger (optional)
because music standards vary greatly among team members we ask that you only listen to personal music using headphones or earbuds. They are also super nice to have on the airplane.
- Watch/Alarm clock (or use your phone)
- Headlamp (preferred) or Flashlight
- Extra Batteries for anything battery operated
- Refillable Water Bottle
some like camelbacks; some swear by Nalgene. Whatever you choose, DRINK WATER! Drink even more a week before you leave. Airplanes are dry and you are headed to a hot climate where hydration is critical.