Can’t Leave Home Without
you cannot enter the country without it!
- A copy of the personal identification page of your passport
it is legal to make copies. Store in a place separate from your passport. If your passport is lost or stolen the copy can help us work through the paperwork to obtain a new passport. Also, leave a second copy with your family.
- Spending Money
take cash that is in pristine condition – new, if possible – and no smaller than a $20. They can be picky about the quality of the bills when exchanging money. If you need more cash during the trip ATMs are easy to find and most debit cards work in Romania. Make sure you call the number on the back of your card(s) to advise them that you’re traveling. Credit cards work in some settings, but often not in the little shops where you might purchase souvenirs.
- Camera, Memory Cards, Battery Charger (if you have a camera beyond your smartphone)
- Backpack or Small Tote Bag
- Smartphone and Charger (optional)
- Watch/Alarm clock (or use your phone)
- Flashlight (or use your phone)
- Extra Batteries for anything battery operated
- Refillable Water Bottle
some like camelbacks; some swear by Nalgene. Whatever you choose, DRINK WATER! Drink even more a week before you leave. Airplanes are dry and hydration is critical to staying healthy on a mission trip.
- Power Converter
for anything not dual-voltage. Most smart phones and computers are dual-voltage.
- Plug Adapter
outlets are Eastern Europe (type F or C)