Can’t Leave Home Without
you cannot enter the country without it!
- A copy of the personal identification page of your passport
it is legal to make copies. Store in a place separate from your passport. If your passport is lost or stolen the copy can help us work through the paperwork to obtain a new passport. Also, leave a second copy with your family.
- Visa Approval Letter
you absolutely MUST take a printed copy of this with your passport!
- Spending Money
take cash that is in pristine condition – new, if possible – and no smaller than a $20. They are very picky about the quality of the bills when exchanging money. Do not count on being able to use ATMs to withdraw more money during the trip, as they can be difficult to find.
- Camera, Memory Cards, Battery Charger (if you use something beyond your smartphone)
- Backpack or Small Tote Bag
- Smart Phone and Charger (optional)
- Watch/Alarm clock (or use your phone)
- Flashlight (or use your phone)
- Extra Batteries for anything battery operated
- Refillable Water Bottle
some like camelbacks; some swear by Nalgene. Whatever you choose, DRINK WATER! Drink even more a week before you leave. Airplanes are dry and you are headed to a hot climate where hydration is critical.
- Power Converter
for anything not dual-voltage. Most smartphones and computers are dual-voltage.
- Plug Adapter
most outlets are type F or C, but sometimes they also have types D and G. Just get a set and take the whole thing with you.