- Pack light! Remember that we will be changing location frequently this trip. The less gear you have to tote around from one place to the next the easier life will be.
- Mark your clothes with your name.
- Laundry facilities are scarce. You may want to bring a small bottle of detergent in case you need to hand wash some clothes.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, it’s a good idea to take an extra pair or repair supplies.
- Do not bring items in your carry-on that could cause delays at airport security or customs. These items include metal nail files, pocket knives, scissors, and bottles of liquids over 3 oz.
- You are welcome to bring your smart phone. It can be especially helpful if it functions as your camera, flashlight, alarm clock, notebook, Bible, language dictionary etc. Wifi will be available from time to time. However, keep in mind that you are going to interact with people. Don’t let social media, games, etc. become a distraction.
- If you are bringing expensive photography equipment, a computer, or a musical instrument we highly recommend having it insured. You can often add this to your (or your parents’) homeowner’s or renter’s policy. This applies primarily to professional photographers and musicians.